UCU is an international college, and part of Utrecht University. The organizational structure is as follows:
- The Dean has the overall responsibility for UCU, develops strategy and educational policy, and maintains internal and external contacts.
- The Dean, the Director of Education and the Managing Director jointly act as the UCU management team, chaired by the Dean and supported on strategic issues by a policy advisor.
- The Director of Education – together with the Heads of Department - has a delegated responsibility for the academic program, admissions decisions and management of UCU faculty.
- The Managing Director is responsible for management of facilitating staff, support to educational staff, supervision of administrative processes, and the facilitation and execution of UCU policies. The main task areas are: (international) recruitment, communication and PR, alumni affairs, admissions processes, registration and curriculum management, career development, student life affairs, campus facilities, finance, HR and secretarial support.
- Heads of Departments have a delegated responsibility for the academic program within their departments.