Families and employment
This research focus area concentrates on:
- the formation, organisation and dissolution of families;
- the formation and organisation of labour relations;
- the interaction between family life and work.
Families and work are crucial for social cohesion and inequality because they perform socially binding functions and bring about the distribution of means.
The research focus area has three innovative features:
- Sociology-based insights are combined with insights gleaned from economy, psychology and law in order to do justice to the complexity of work and family relationships.
- The use of large-scale, multi-actor longitudinal data enables us to rigorously test our hypotheses on family and work.
- The international comparative perspective increases our understanding of the importance of broader policy, cultural and economic context.
Examples of our research
Organisations invest in health arrangements, work-life policies, older worker employability and more. Does it make sense?
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgAssistant Professor
- Email: email@example.comPhone: 030 253 4156Head of DepartmentProfessor
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgAssistant Professor
- Email: email@example.comPhone: 030 253 4306ProfessorAssociate Professor