Utrecht University aims to generate half of the energy consumption in 2020 in a sustainable way, including thermal storage, the purchase of wind power and the use of sunlight. The placement of the solar panels contributes to a reduction of the CO2 footprint. Moreover, it offers the potential to enhance research and education component of faculties involved.
In the period May / June 2016 the solar panels were placed on various buildings:
- Jeannette Donder-Voet building
- Willem C. Schimmel building
- Martinus de Bruin building
- Water storage Veterinary Medicine
- Young cattle barn
- David de Wied building
- University Library Uithof
- Caroline Bleeker building
- Victor J. Koningsberger building
Read more about reducing energy consumption by UU.