The real estate strategy must meet various preconditions:
- There must be real estate for everyone, focused on meeting and cooperating.
- Real estate costs must be balanced with the costs of education and research and stay within the financial targets.
- The buildings must be sustainable, flexible, future-proof and safe, as well as comply with laws and regulations.
- The buildings stimulate community building;
- The total amount of study places stays the same.
In this context, the university wishes to manage the total costs of the buildings and real estate. As a result, considerations and choices will also take into account what a building costs per student or the energy costs of a building, for example.