Coronavirus - prevention

Utrecht University follows the advice of the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM), WHO and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The most up-to-date information on the coronavirus in the Dutch context, can be found on the RIVM website. The university is in constant dialogue with regional partners about possible measures.

I'm afraid I'm infected. What am I supposed to do?

Please follow the guidelines of the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM).

I want to contact a general practitioner but I am not yet registered at a general practitioner in the Netherlands. What should I do?

You can contact a local general medical practice near you. The general medical practice ‘De Uithof’ is based in Utrecht Science Park and the City Centre. Look for other general practitioners in your neighbourhood on this page.

I have received a sick report from a student or employee who may be infected, where should I report it?

When an employee or student reports sick, you follow the normal protocols. If the symptoms get worse, he/she needs to report to the GP by phone. They will give further advice on how to proceed. 

I don't see my question answered. What do I do?

Do you have a general question about the coronavirus? Then please call the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment information (RIVM) on 0800-1351*. Do you have a question specifically about Utrecht University? Then please send an email to

*The tape you hear when you call the phone number is in Dutch. If you hold the line, you will be connected to an employee. They are often able to speak English.