Legal Affairs provides support to the Executive Board and the management of faculties and departments. It also offers advice on a range of issues, including regulations, employee and student representation at the university and education law.
It advises on contracts, real estate projects and other issues involving major interests and offers second-line support in a range of areas to staff who provide first-line advice in the faculties or service departments.
Legal Affairs also provides support and advice to management or HR regarding issues concerning the legal status of staff.
The lawyers keep a close eye on legislation and regulations and flag the need for any changes to UU regulations. They handle objections, appeals and complaints from students and staff. These are often the only situations in which other staff members will come into contact with Legal Affairs.
More information (partly in Dutch)
- Instructions for the deployment of staff for ad-hoc work activities
- Utrecht University General Terms and Conditions of Purchase (pdf)
- Utrecht University General Terms and Conditions of Delivery (pdf)
- Examinations Appeals Board
- Regulations regarding the organisation of governance (Governance and Management Regulation of Utrecht University with explanation, Directive Model Faculty Regulations, Directive Faculty Election Regulations and the mandate regulations)
- Employee consultation Body Regulations, with explanatory notes
- University Council Regulations and Electoral Regulations
- Supervisory Board Regulations and Audit Committee Regulations
Head: Ms. M.H.J.G. Nijssen
Room 510a (secretariat)
Heidelberglaan 8, 3584 CS Utrecht
Postbus 80.125, 3508 TC Utrecht
Tel. +31 (0)30 253 30 75
Fax +31 (0)30 253 77 70