~ Want a true taste of sustainability? Participate in the Future Food Lab Week starting Monday September 9th, which includes a free lunch, a workshop on vegan cooking, and lots of other activities. ~
Future Food Lab
A caterer at a knowledge institute - that has potential! Therefore, the Educatorium restaurant at Utrecht Science Park will from now on be the beating heart of science and exciting food initiatives: Future Food Lab. Keep an eye on the central Future Food Island in the restaurant, as this is now the place where Sodexo will be presenting its sustainable, tasty menu to you.
Would you like to contribute to the Future Food Lab? Come and taste the sustainable food on offer and share your thoughts via the ideas board in the restaurant. We are curious about your insights on food and sustainability, and would like to work together with you on consistently improving the restaurant offer.
Exhibitions and activities
In the near future, Future Food Lab will be hosting exhibitions and activities around alternating food-related themes. Take a look at the wooden houses in the restaurant to discover what is happening at the university in the field of food and sustainability.
Within the Future Food Lab, students, scientists, staff and Sodexo explore questions like:
- What is the impact of my ham sandwich on biodiversity?
- How can our crops be made climate-proof?
- Nature-inclusive agriculture, how does it work?
- What are the ethical and philosophical aspects to consider when it comes to altering our food chains?
Future Food Lab is an initiative of Utrecht University (by the Green Office and Future Food) and Sodexo.
Leave them on the ideas board in the Educatoriumrestaurant or mail them to email@example.com with 'Future Food Lab' in the subject.
Are you a scientist at the UU and:
- would you like to carry out your research at the Educatorium restaurant, or;
- would you like your knowledge to be applied in the Educatorium restaurant, or;
- would you like your research to be presented in one of the houses in the canteen?
Contact the Green Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 06-28831459.