Here are some quick tips to save on energy:
- Reduce screen brightness to 50% on your own laptop and university desktops.
- Turn off the monitor when you turn off the computer.
- Set automatic sleep mode after 20 minutes of inactivity to save battery power.
- Turn it off when you’re not using it!
- Use hibernate mode to save energy but resume working quickly.
- Avoid printing when not necessary but if you have to, print 2 pages per page double sided.
- Recycle ink cartridges in AAP boxes.
These are just a few examples of how you can save energy whilst using your computer. The Green Office is working to raise awareness on sustainable IT solutions and to implement some of these changes across UU. A group of Green Office volunteers made this video to spread the word about the IT campaign and to show you exactly how to help…