What are the aims of the campaign?
- RAISE AWARENESS – we want to get the word out about eating green! We want to start a conversation amongst students and staff about how to make our food choices more sustainable.
- IMPLEMENT CHANGE – making sustainable food choices should be easy. By looking at the options available on campus and throughout the university, we hope to sustainable food a priority.
What are we doing?
- Changes in the canteen: we are working with the canteen and catering services on campus as well as the University’s Executive Board to improve sustainable catering options. We are discussing ideas such as a broader range of vegan options, cutting back on packaging and using more local and organic produce in the canteen. Check out our Facebook page for any updates.
There’s always more to learn: as part of the campaign, the Green Office hosts movie nights and talks to fuel the discussion on sustainable food options. Check our Facebook page for upcoming events.
- Sharing what we know: we have created The Green Office Recipe Book to share sustainable recipe ideas such as delicious vegan moussaka and tasty pumpkin risotto! Send in your recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What have we achieved so far?
- Thanks to the Green Canteen campaign, there are more vegan options available in the UU canteen! A vegan meal is available every day and vegan sandwiches are available at the fresh sandwich bar. Head to the Educatorium canteen and try out some of the new sustainable food options on offer!
- Three new Sustainable Lunch options have been added to the UU catering menu. The first has no red meat and 50% of the menu is vegetarian, the second is 50% vegetarian and 50% vegan, and the third is 100% vegan. This means that when departments, faculties and members of UU staff order food for meetings or conferences, they can easily make a more sustainable choice!
What else are we planning?
- Movie nights
- Cooking workshops
- Talks, lectures and more!
To keep up to date on events and activities, check out the Green Office Facebook page.
What can you do?
- Send us your recipes! We are always looking for new ways to be creative and sustainable in the kitchen and we will add all recipes to our online cookbook.
- Come along to our events to learn more and to support the Green Canteen campaign.
- Most importantly… spread the word to your friends! Bring friends along to our events and start a conversation about sustainable eating.
If you’d like to learn more about what’s going on with the campaign or you’d like to get involved, email us at email@example.com.