ISOTIS (Inclusive education and SOcial support to Tackle Inequalities in Societies) aims to contribute to effective policy and practice development at different system levels in order to effectively combat early arising and persisting educational inequalities:
- Supporting culturally and linguistically diverse families and communities in using their own social, cultural and linguistic resources to create safe and stimulating home environments for their children;
- Creating effective and inclusive curricula and pedagogies in early childhood education and care centres and primary schools;
- Professionalization of staff, centres and schools to improve quality and inclusiveness;
- Establishing inter-agency coordination of support services to children and families;
- Developing policies to combat educational inequalities.
ISOTIS has participants from 11 European countries and is funded by the European Union (Horizon 2020). The scientific leader of the project is professor Paul Leseman.