The Department of ISS: Cultural Diversity & Youth focuses its teaching and research on two main themes: migration and ethnic relations and subjects relating to the theme of youth.
ISS: Cultural Diversity & Youth
About the department
Martinus J. Langeveld building
Address:Heidelberglaan 1, 3584 CS Utrecht, The Netherlands
Tel: +31 30 253 4700 (front desk)
In this building:
- Department of Special Education: Cognitive & Motor Disabilities
- Department of Social Sciences
- Department of Psychology
- Educational Consultancy & Professional Development
- international migration;
- integration and cultural assimilation of immigrants and ethnic minorities;
- cultural diversity and ethnic relations and conflicts.
Within the main theme of Youth, we conduct research into:
- current social and cultural developments and their implications for day-to-day life and the cultural lifestyle of young people and young adults;
- social networks of young people and their influence on their well-being and friendship relationships;
- the development of psychosocial problems in adolescence and in relation to the social and cultural context.