About the department
The Department of Education aims to contribute to maximising the quality of education, study programmes and learning. A characteristic feature of the department is that educational insights are applied directly in the Bachelor's, Master's and teacher training programmes.
Martinus J. Langeveld building
Heidelberglaan 1, 3584 CS Utrecht, The Netherlands
Tel: +31 30 253 4700 (front desk)
From 1 January 2021 the university premises will be smoke-free.
Please note: because of the corona virus there are adjusted opening hours.
In this building
- Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences
- Department of Education & Pedagogy
- Department of Psychology
- Educational Consultancy & Professional Development
- Faculty Support Office
- Housing & Technology Services
- What is required in order to improve learning processes?
- How can school and university students improve their learning performance?
- How can teachers improve their competence in their subject?
- How can ICT resources be used most effectively?
- What is the role of the teacher in the learning process?
- How can the social climate in the classroom be improved?
Our department is involved in several Bachelor's and Master's programmes. We also provide the general didactic component in all grade-one teacher training programmes at Utrecht University. In this, we work closely with other faculties that provide the subject-related component. In addition, we offer the education minors that lead to the grade-two teaching qualification, in cooperation with other faculties.
The staff website includes extensive information about the staff in the department.