The Department of Education aims to contribute to maximising the quality of education, study programmes and learning. A characteristic feature of the department is that educational insights are applied directly in the Bachelor's, Master's and teacher training programmes.
Martinus J. Langeveld building
Tel: +31 30 253 47 00 (reception)
- What is required in order to improve learning processes?
- How can school and university students improve their learning performance?
- How can teachers improve their competence in their subject?
- How can ICT resources be used most effectively?
- What is the role of the teacher in the learning process?
- How can the social climate in the classroom be improved?
Our department is involved in several Bachelor's and Master's programmes. We also provide the general didactic component in all grade-one teacher training programmes at Utrecht University. In this, we work closely with other faculties that provide the subject-related component. In addition, we offer the education minors that lead to the grade-two teaching qualification, in cooperation with other faculties.