Vacancies Assistant Professor

We are looking for over 40 Assistant Professors who can collaborate across disciplinary and faculty boundaries and who can combine their subject specialisation with a cross-disciplinary perspective.

With the recruitment of over 40 new colleagues, we are investing substantially in strengthening teaching and research that connects to today's major societal issues. These include the university strategic themes (around climate issues, inequality of opportunities, the public values of an open society, among others), but also the urgent themes from the SSH sector plan (pdf), such as Human AI, Cultural Heritage and Identity, Languages and Cultures and Prosperity, Participation and Citizenship in a Digital World.

Assistant Professors within our faculty have 40% research time. Of the remaining 60% for teaching and administration, 10% is not scheduled (free space).


Philosophy and Religious Studies

History and Art History

Media and Culture Studies

Languages, Literature and Communication

We focus on themes that students and young researchers recognize as urgent for tomorrow's world. Their world. We want to be a Faculty where they can engage directly with such questions.

Prof. dr. Thomas Vaessens. Foto: Ed van Rijswijk
Dean Thomas Vaessens