The Faculty of Humanities is headed by the Faculty Board, consisting of the Dean, two Vice Deans, the Director of the Faculty and the Student Assessor.
The Faculty Council (in Dutch) is the participation body for the Faculty of Humanities. Both students and staff are represented in the council.
- Department of History and Art History
- Department of Languages, Literature and Communication
- Department of Media and Culture Studies
- Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Institute for Cultural Inquiry
- Research Institute for History and Art History
- Research Institute for Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Utrecht Institute of Linguistics OTS
- Centre for the Humanities
- Descartes Centre
- Ethics Institute
- UGlobe, Utrecht Centre for Global Challenges
- Digital Humanities
- Undergraduate School of History and Art History
- Undergraduate School of Languages, Literature and Communication
- Undergraduate School of Liberal Arts
- Undergraduate School of Media and Culture Studies
- Undergraduate School of Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Graduate School of Humanities
- Operations (more information on the intranet)
Utrecht University has designated four strategic research themes. The Faculty of Humanities is coordinator of the strategic theme Institutions for Open Societies. Humanities scholars also participate in the strategic themes Dynamics of Youth and Sustainability.
In addition to the four strategic themes, Utrecht University invests in twelve research focus areas, contributing to an integrated approach to scientific and social questions. The Faculty of Humanities participates in the following focus areas: