The Physical Geography Laboratory (Dutch: FGLAB or Fysisch Geografisch Laboratorium) is part of the Department of Physical Geography. The lab offers facilities and support to the department’s scientists and students working in the field of Earth Surface Dynamics.
The facilities include a soil and sediments lab, an experimental flume lab, and an extensive pool of equipment and materials.
Furthermore, the engineers of the lab offer technical and logistics support during the whole trajectum from research idea to the delivery of data:
- advice during research proposal stage
- instrumentation selection, purchase, design and manufacturing
- instruction of staff and students
- support during field campaigns and lab experiments
- equipment calibration and maintenance