ROSANNA Fund: application and criteria
The ROSANNA Fund for Women is dedicated to talented and under-privileged women students and scholars who are seeking further higher education at Utrecht University. The fund wants to help women researchers and students who cannot find other forms of financial support for crucial transition points in their academic trajectories. The grant is to ensure that no gifted mind is denied access to higher education due to lack of funds. It also aims to ensure that female talent contributes to Utrecht University and helps to build the scientific status and reputation of this University.
The ROSANNA Fund for Women gives out short term grants of different value, ranging within a maximum ceiling of €5.000. The amount awarded to a candidate will depend on the candidate’s financial situation, plans, and needs.
The grant from the ROSANNA Fund for Women can vary per candidate, and the candidate can apply for any sum within the grant limits noted above. The candidate’s application must clearly show that she needs the stated sum to help her reach her academic goals. For instance, the grant could be used for the following:
- Coverage of tuition fees (bachelor, master, pre-master, PhD).
- Short term living expenses (3 to 9 months), allowing the candidate to study, do research, or gain unpaid work experience.
- Coverage of costs of coaching, courses or counselling (or any other activities) which will help the candidate to further her academic career.
The ROSANNA Fund for Women is open to talented women candidates from all over the world who fit the following criteria:
- Candidates should have limited financial means and must show demonstrable need for additional financial support in order to complete their education.
- Demonstrate a link to Utrecht University:
- Candidates who seek coverage for tuition fees have to be, or will be, admitted to the Utrecht University to follow a program such as a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or PhD.
- Candidates who need support in order to further their academic career seeking a post-doc, tenured position, or a professorship must prove their link to Utrecht University.
- All candidates must provide convincing evidence of their intention to contribute to Utrecht University and help to build the scientific status and reputation of this University.
- Candidates must have a strong academic background and a good record of achievement for subsequent education.
The next deadline for receiving application is December 1, 2021.
Applications will be reviewed once a year. Deadlines for receiving applications will be published on our website.
Candidates can apply using the online application form. They are required to provide some personal data and to upload the following documents (in English):
- Curriculum Vitae
- Comprehensive transcript of the candidate’s most recent diploma in English from the Examination Office, including a transcript of grades
- An overview of the requested budget (using the provided template)
- Letter of recommendation from academic supervisor or head of department within Utrecht University regarding academic qualification
Questions about the application process can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header ROSANNA Fund for Women Application.
After submission, the Board will review the documents. The review procedure can take up to two months.