Our research is versatile and has an international level. Most parts of Biology are represented.
Research in the Department falls under the aegis of the Institute of Environmental Biology(IEB) and the Intitute for Biocomplexity and Bioinformatics (IBB).
These two institutes contain various specialized research groups, as listed below.
- Animal Behaviour and Cognition
- Cell Biology, Neurobiology and Biophysics
- Developmental Biology
- Ecology and Biodiversity
- Genome Biology and Epigenetics
- Plant-Environment Signaling
- Plant-Microbe Interactions
- Plant Stress Resilience
- Theoretical Biology and Bioinformatics
- Translational Plant Biology
Prince Bernhard Centre
Prince Bernhard Centre for International Nature Conservation. The Prince Bernhard Centre initiates, coordinates and executes international research, training and extension programmes in the field of nature conservation in partnership with countries in the southern hemisphere.
In addition, the Department participates in the inter-university research school: