Recording a podcast
A podcast is an ideal way to inform, interest, inspire and amuse people in an accessible way.
Are you thinking of recording a podcast? Read the tips below to get you started.
The university has several recording studios for recording podcasts and videos.
The Audiovisual & Media Productions department of the Facility Service Centre has professional equipment and a recording studio for making podcasts. All university departments can come here and costs are charged internally.
The ICT & Media department of the Faculty of Humanities has professional equipment and a recording studio for making podcasts. Assignments from other university departments are accepted if there is time to do so. Costs are charged internally.
Contact: Hans Schuurman
For more information see also intranet.
Template for artwork
In order to upload a podcast to Spotify or Soundcloud, the upload must have artwork. This must meet the specifications below.
Artwork specifications for Spotify
- File format must be .tif, .jpg, .png.
- Dimensions must be at least 1600x1600 pixels - maximum 3000x3000 pixels.
- File size should be a maximum of 4 Mb.
Artwork specifications for Soundcloud
- File format must be .jpg, .png.
- Dimensions must be at least 800x800 pixels - maximum 3000x3000 pixels.
- File size should be a maximum of 2 Mb.
Two official podcast channels
There are 2 official Utrecht University podcast channels. These can be found on Spotify and Soundcloud.
If you would like to publish your podcast on our corporate channels, please contact Rik Schelbergen.
Requirements for placing podcasts on corporate channels:
- The original audio file (i.e. no cross-reference/link etc.)
- A description of the podcast, which will also be visible in Soundcloud and Spotify
- An image to use as artwork