Entrepreneurial education for Master's & PhD students
Utrecht University offers several Master's programmes on entrepreneurship. Click on a programme below for more information about application, requirements and content.
Below you can find an overview of the entrepreneurship courses (with course code) offered for Master's students, per faculty. Check the Osiris course catalogue for entry requirements and course descriptions. You can always contact the course coordinator to receive more information.
To help you out finding a fitting entrepreneurial course, we've divided all courses into four categories:
- Business, Finance & Management
Classic business courses to gain knowledge on finance, business models, marketing, management, and the like.
- Innovation & Startup
Roll up your sleeves! Action-oriented education around innovation, startups and/or intrapreneurship.
- Skills & Challenges
Challenge-based learning and education aimed at training entrepreneurial skills. Learning by doing.
- Societal Impact
Comitted to impact the world in a positive way? These courses take the SDGs as their starting point and/or deal with social entrepreneurship, sustainable entrepreneurship or cultural entrepreneurship.
Co-curricular entrepreneurial education
- Young Innovators: Honours programme for all Master's students of UU and UMCU, aimed at personal leadership, sustainable innovation and societal challenges in order to build regenerative societies.
- Utrecht University Business Course: Student-led honours programme where 30 of UU & UMCU's best students learn about entrepeneurship and consultancy.
- Avicienna Excellence Programme (website in Dutch): Co-curricular programme for excellent Master's and PhD students focused on innovation in healthcare through interdisciplinary collaboration.
- PhACE: During this two-day event PhD students can explore different career options. Do you stay in academia or not? What are the alternative possibilities and how do your skills and competences fit into these new career choices?
- Science-based Validation Program: PhDs and Postdocs can combine their research with market validation in this parttime programma at startup incubator UtrechtInc.