The ROSANNA Fund is dedicated to talented and under-privileged female students and scholars who are seeking further higher education at Utrecht University. The fund wants to help female researchers and students who cannot find other forms of financial support for crucial transition points in their academic trajectories. The grant is to ensure that no gifted mind is denied access to higher education due to lack of funds.
The ROSANNA Fund gives out short term grants between 2.500€ and 10.000€. The amount awarded to a candidate will depend on the candidate’s financial situation, plans, and needs.
The grant from the ROSANNA fund can vary per candidate, and the candidate can apply for any sum within the grant limits noted above. The candidate’s application must clearly show that she needs the stated sum to help her reach her academic goals. For instance, the grant could be used for the following:
- Coverage of tuition fees (master, pre-master, PhD).
- Short term living expenses (3 to 9 Months), allowing the candidate to study or gain work experience through unpaid internships.
- Coverage of costs of coaching, courses or counselling (or any other activities) which will help the candidate to further her academic career.
The ROSANNA Fund is open to talented female candidates from all over the world who fit the following criteria:
Candidates should have limited financial means and must show demonstrable need for additional financial support in order to complete their education.
- Demonstrate a link to Utrecht University:
- Candidates who seek coverage for tuition fees have to be, or will be, admitted to the Utrecht University to follow a program such as a master’s degree or PhD.
- Candidates who need support in order to further their academic career seeking a post-doc, tenured position, or a professorship must prove their link to Utrecht University.
- Candidates must have a strong academic background and a good record of achievement for subsequent education.
Applications will be reviewed twice a year. Deadlines for receiving applications will be published on our website but the preliminary dates are set to May 1st and November 1st.
Candidates are required to submit the following documents (in English):
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of motivation including an explanation of the eligibility for applying for the ROSANNA Fund and short description of academic interests, academic background, and academic ambition
- Description of the candidate’s financial situation
- An overview of financial expenses the candidate expects the grant to cover
- Comprehensive bachelor’s/ master’s diploma transcript in English from the Examination Office, including all marks and grade for final thesis
- Optional: letter of recommendation from previous academic supervisor regarding academic qualification
All documents should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header ROSANNA Fund Application.
After submission, the Board will review the documents. The Board will then decide whether or not to invite the candidate for an interview round, either in person or via Skype. The review procedure can take up to two months.