Utrecht University Fund awards guarantee grants for study societies and student associations as well as for initiatives by individual students. These include conferences, symposiums, cultural activities and sports events as well as study trips and individual presentations at conferences abroad. The grant applications are submitted to and assessed by the University Fund student committee.
In 2014, the grants budget was €60,000. A total of 267 applications were submitted, of which 205 were approved. The following are examples of projects that received support:
Projects sponsored by the University Fund included:
- Participation by Utrecht University Model United Nations in the Harvard Model United Nations;
- The Utrecht University Business Course;
- Festival De Beschaving (Civilisation Festival);
- World University Debating Championships;
- Students' Big Band Festival: Big Battle;
- National University Varsity Rowing Matches.