To stimulate responsible animal use and alternative methods in education and research, the 3Rs-Centre ULS is represented in several national and international activities. The 3Rs-Centre ULS collaborates with organisations such as:
- Chair of Animal Welfare and Laboratory Animal Science, of the department of Animals in Science and Society, Utrecht University;
- Animal Welfare Body of Utrecht University and University Medical Centre Utrecht;
- The Dutch Society for the Replacement of Animal Testing (Stichting Proefdiervrij);
- Ministry of Economic Affairs, as chairman of the Dutch Working Group on Education & Training for personnel handling living animals for educational or scientific purposes;
- Education & Training Platform for Laboratory Animal Science (ETPLAS), as vice-president. ETPLAS exchanges information on laboratory animal science courses and enforces the mutual recognition of training courses worldwide;
- League of European Research Universities (LERU), as Chairman of the Expert Group on animals used for scientific purposes.