Who makes a difference in educational innovation? Until June 29, 2018 you can nominate someone else or yourself for the SURF Education Award. A prize for so-called 'education hackers': people who use ICT to make change and innovation possible in education and lift it to a higher level.
With the Education Award, SURF gives 'education hackers' a platform, which increases their impact and outreach, and can inspire others. Erwin Bleumink, member of the SURF board, says: "The promises of how ICT can contribute to raising the quality of education are great. But the efforts to be able to meet those promises are not small. This is only possible when involved individuals are committed to this. Whether it concerns students or administrators, we believe that people make the difference". Watch the videos of the winners of the previous two years in the Hall of Fame.
Until June 29, 2018 you can nominate someone else or yourself for the award. There are five categories:
- Directors: Executive Board members who provide space for educational innovation and actively encourage the use of ICT
- Educational advisers: advisers who build the bridge between education and ICT from an educational perspective
- ICT professionals: professionals who connect to educational innovation from the ICT department
- Teachers: pioneers who apply educational innovation with ICT in practice
- Students: young talents who are actively engaged in educational innovation and who make an active contribution to their own education through ICT
All the nominees make a visual presentation to show how they have set in motion educational innovation with ICT. After the summer all nominees present themselves on a website and everyone with an institution account can vote. The jury determines the winners from a shortlist of favorites. The awards will be presented during a festive dinner at the SURF Education Days. Click here for the planning for the SURF Education Awards 2018