The Future Food Utrecht Hub invites Utrecht University and UMC Utrecht researchers to submit nominations for the 2018 Visiting Professor call.
Deadline is 7 January 2018, 12:00 hrs.
Future Food Utrecht offers a platform for scientists and external stakeholders on which they contribute to the transition of the food chain for a sustainable world, by means of integrating unique transdisciplinary research and education.
For researchers of renowned (foreign) universities or institutes (eminent in their field or rising stars) that can contribute to strengthening the food research and community at Utrecht University.
- To bring together Utrecht University researchers with researchers of renowned national or international universities or institutes in order to strengthen the food related research community at Utrecht University.
- To enlarge opportunities for (inter)national cooperation.
- To increase the visibility of Future Food Utrecht (inter)nationally.
Who can apply?
- All academic staff with a permanent position and tenure trackers within the Future Food community of Utrecht University and UMC Utrecht can submit an application.
- The visit should focus on food research from a transdisciplinary perspective.
- The application gives a brief impression of the visiting academic, the research area and scientific aim of the visit, the added value to the Future Food priority theme’s (Immune Resilience, Consumer Behavior, Nature Inspired Food Production and Food Fairness), opportunities for new international collaboration and budget.
- Each applicant can submit only one application.
- The visiting professor is willing to organize a symposium or other high-profile activity on a Food related topic.
- Visits must take place during 2019.
- The application must be submitted in the enclosed template.
- Hosting agreements for the visiting professors should be arranged by the applicants.
- The maximum amount of funds to be applied for is €20,000.
- Added value to the Future Food research and community at Utrecht University.
- Opportunities for new (inter)national collaboration.
- Track record of the proposed visiting professor.
For more information about the nomination procedure please refer to the call tekst here below.