What we do in the present is profoundly influenced by our expectations of our futures. Join us from July 8th to July 12th for an interactive course to understand how techniques of futuring contribute to realizing societal transformations towards sustainability: living well equitably within ecological means.
Join the summer school
Learn how to imagine positive futures and mobilize to achieve them in a democratic and participatory fashion. Understand futuring techniques including scenario planning, modeling, backcasting, experiential futuring, arts-based approaches, science fiction, and design. Try out these techniques by experimenting in a real-world setting in workstudio sessions. This course builds your capacity to develop new imaginaries and alternative sustainability pathways.
This course is designed to be highly interactive and participatory. You have the opportunity to learn from and engage with experts in diverse futuring techniques. You will dialogue with other course participants and test out these techniques in a case study location. The week combines a more traditional classroom setting with studio locations.
Apply before June 1th
We are looking for graduate students from all disciplinary backgrounds, particularly advanced Masters and Doctoral students. We also consider Masters students, Postdoctoral students, and select practitioners who are interested in futuring and sustainability. Deadline for application: 01 June 2019
- dr. Roy Bendor (Delft University)
- Prof. dr. Maarten Hajer (Utrecht University)
- dr. Dan Hassler-Forest (Utrecht University)
- dr. Jesse Hoffman (Utrecht University)
- dr. Lenneke Kuijer (Eindhoven University)
- Suzanne Potjer MSc (Utrecht University)
- Prof. dr. John Robinson (University of Toronto)
- Prof. dr. Andy Stirling (University of Sussex)
- dr. Vanessa Timmer (Utrecht University)
- dr. Joost Vervoort (Utrecht University)
- Prof. dr. Detlef van Vuuren (Utrecht University)