Do your eyes start to sparkle when you think of Von Helmholtz' ophthalmoscope? In that case you should come to the F.C. Donders day on Friday 30 November. This year we celebrate the 200th birthday of the Utrecht doctor and professor who dedicated his life to science. Please register for the activities organised on this day.
On 30 November 2018
F.C. Donders day
PROGRAMME DONDERS DAY 30 NOVEMBER
Workshop fully booked (in English) The evolution of Donders’ key inventions and the working of the instruments involved, by Richard Keeler, Honorary Fellow and curator of the (Royal) College of Ophthalmologists - 11 a.m. - 12.30 p.m.
- Lunch included
- Limited number of places available, please register by sending a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org fully booked
- Location to be announced later
Symposium (in Dutch) - 2 p.m. - 5 p.m. - Booth hall University Library Uithof
- Het fenomeen Donders by prof.dr. Leen Dorsman, Professor of the History of the University, Utrecht University
- Van meten tot weten by prof.dr. Frans van Lunteren, Professor of the History of Science, Leiden University and VU Amsterdam
- Donders en de wetenschap by prof.dr. Bert Theunissen, Professor of the History of Science, Utrecht University
- Donders en de oogheelkunde NU by prof.dr. Jan Keunen, Professor of Ophthalmology, Radboudumc Nijmegen
Please register by sending an email to email@example.com
- Exhibition of original instruments from the collection of F.C.Donders - 4.45 p.m. - sixth floor of the University Library Uithof
The programme takes place in the University Library Uithof and participation is free of charge. The workshop is only for a limited number of participants and is followed by a lunch. Admission is by order of application.
The workshop is in English, the presentations at the symposium are in Dutch.
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.