Eight Master's programmes of the Faculty of Humanities have been ranked best in their field, according to Keuzegids Masters 2017:
- Communicatie en organisatie
- Nederlandse literatuur en cultuur
- Ancient, Medieval and Renaissance Studies
- Conflict Studies and Human Rights
- International Relations in Historical Perspective
- Literature Today
The Keuzegids Masters is issued each year by the Centrum Hoger Onderwijs Informatie (CHOI). It aims to help prospective students choose a study programme. The rankings are based on students' judgements, success rates and visitation reports.
This year, seventeen Master's programmes of Utrecht University get the highest ranking in comparison to similar Master's programmes from other Dutch universities.