Call for Papers European Alternative Finance Research Conference 2020
European economic recovery and green transition
The theme of the ECAF Research Conference 2020 at Utrecht University is European economic recovery and green transition. We welcome the submission of rigorous quantitative, qualitative and/or theoretical studies related to alternative finance and fintech from an economic, law, sociological or other perspective
This year’s keynote speaker is Silvio Vismara (University of Bergamo), a renowned European crowdfunding, fintech and entrepreneurial finance expert.
We welcome papers focussing on but not limited to:
- Impact of new forms of alternative finance on innovation, entrepreneurship, and employment
- Special topic: Role of alternative finance in the European economic recovery from COVID19 and green transition
- Fintech and its impact on financing SMEs (e.g. central bank digital currencies, economics of tokens, computer science approaches in alternative finance)
- Relationships between new and traditional entrepreneurial finance providers
- Role of regulation and other formal or informal institutions
- Psychology and behaviour of retail investors
- Financial and entrepreneurial ecosystems for new forms of alternative finance (incl. financial advisors)
- Community finance and employee ownership
- Civic crowdfunding and match-funding for public and non-profit projects (including arts and culture)
Paper submissions and deadlines
Abstracts for papers of up to 300 words (in English) on the above-mentioned topics should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before 15-07-2020.
The submitted abstract will be reviewed by a scientific committee. Notification of acceptance will be given by 30-07-2020.
Prior to the conference (15-09-2020) full papers need to be submitted (~10.000 words).
Submissions should ideally be structured as follows:
- Introduction (Problem definition, research gap and objective)
- Theoretical foundation
- Methodology / empirical research context
- Implications for entrepreneurial finance research and practice
Every paper accepted for presentation will be assigned a discussant who provides in-depth feedback.
Hybrid conference (online and physical)
Please note that due to expected travel restrictions for some regions this conference will be held in a hybrid format: Online participation and physical participation are both possible. We are looking forward to seeing you in real life or virtually.
Information in brief
Website and registration: www.uu.nl/ecaf
Contact: Wanxiang Cai, Ronald Kleverlaan and Friedemann Polzin
Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/ECAF_UU Hashtag: #eafrc2020