This year’s theme of the European Alternative Finance Research Conference is New forms of alternative finance for SMEs. We welcome the submission of rigorous quantitative, qualitative and/or theoretical studies related to alternative finance and fintech from an economic, law, sociological or other perspective.
New forms of alternative finance for SMEs
Call for papers European Alternative Finance Research Conference 2019
Keynote speaker is Armin Schwienbacher (SKEMA Business School, Lille, France), a renowned European crowdfunding and entrepreneurial finance expert.
- New forms of alternative finance for SMEs (for example peer-to-business lending, equity crowdfunding, initial coin offerings (ICOs), Security Token Offerings (STOs))
- Relationships between new and traditional entrepreneurial finance providers
- Role of regulation, types of regulatory framework and other formal or informal institutions
- Psychology and behaviour of retail investors
- Financial advisors that select and/or combine new forms of alternative finance
- Financial and entrepreneurial ecosystems for new forms of alternative finance
- Impact of new forms of alternative finance on innovation, entrepreneurship, and employment
- Alternative finance for sustainable start-ups and SMEs and in the arts and culture industry Civic crowdfunding and match-funding for public and non-profit projects
Paper submissions and deadlines
Abstracts for papers of up to 300 words (in English) on the above mentioned topics should be sent to email@example.com before 30-06-2019. The submitted abstract will be reviewed by a scientific committee. Notification of acceptance will be given by 15-07-2019.
Prior to the conference (30-09-2019) full papers need to be submitted (~10.000 words). Submissions should ideally be structured as follows:
- Introduction (Problem definition, research gap and objective)
- Theoretical foundation
- Methodology / empirical research context
- Implications for entrepreneurial finance research and practice
Every paper accepted for presentation will be assigned a discussant who provides in-depth feedback.
Alternative Finance Network Europe (AltFiNE)
The conference will also be the kick-off for the Alternative Finance Network Europe (AltFiNE); pending approval of European Commission funding.
IECER Conference 2019 October 16-18 in Utrecht
The 2019 Interdisciplinary European Conference on Entrepreneurship Research (IECER) will also be held in Utrecht on October 16-18. An entrepreneurial finance track will ensure the connection between the two conferences. See https://www.iecer-conference.org/callfor-papers
Information in brief
Website and registration: www.uu.nl/ecaf
Contact: Peter-Jan Engelen, Ronald Kleverlaan and Friedemann Polzin