Call for papers ECAF / COST Conference 2022
The European Centre for Alternative Finance and COST Research Conference 2022 will take place on 6 Octobre 2022 at Utrecht University. This year’s conference features the special topic of Fintech for the common good.
The conference will be organised in collaboration with COST Action CA19130 - Fintech and Artificial Intelligence in Finance – by the Utrecht University School of Economics (U.S.E.) and the European Centre for Alternative Finance (ECAF) at Utrecht University.
This event will be hybrid and the main conference event will also be recorded.
This year’s conference features the special topic ‘Fintech and the common good’. We welcome the submission of rigorous quantitative, qualitative, mathematical/formal and/or theoretical studies related to fintech and alternative finance from an economic, computer science, data analytics, law, sociological or other perspective, focussing on but not limited to:
- Artificial Intelligence in Finance (including Explainable Artificial Intelligence - XAI)
- Transparency of AI applications in finance
- Tackling bias in artificial intelligence in finance
- Machine Learning and complex system application on Fintech (incl. ESG application)
- FinTech and digital finance (including DeFi)
- Fintech and its impact on financing SMEs (e.g. central bank digital currencies, tokenization, computer science approaches in alternative finance)
- Fintech as enabler of sustainable innovation (e.g. circular economy, product-service systems etc.)
- My financial data and privacy
- Alternative Finance
- Relationships/ cooperation between new and traditional finance providers
- Ecosystems for new forms of alternative finance
- Alternative finance in developing markets: financial inclusion, access, and impact
- Role of regulation and other formal or informal institutions (e.g. new European Crowdfunding Service Provider Regime – ECSP)
- Psychology and behaviour of retail investors and financial advisors
- Civic crowdfunding and match-funding for public and non-profit projects (including arts and culture)
- Community finance and ownership (including DAO)
- Ethical issues in alternative finance practice
- Risk and risk management in alternative finance
Paper submissions and deadlines for the conference (October 6th)
Abstracts for papers of up to 300 words (in English) on the above-mentioned topics should be sent to email@example.com before 15-07-2022. Upon submission, please indicate the topic under which you want to submit your work (see list of topics) and if you are a member of the COST FinAI network. The submitted abstract will be reviewed by a scientific committee. Notification of acceptance will be given by 15-08-2022.
Prior to the conference (15-09-2022) full papers need to be submitted (~10.000 words). Submissions should ideally be structured as follows:
- Introduction (Problem definition, research gap and objective)
- Theoretical foundation
- Methodology / empirical research context
- Implications for entrepreneurial finance research and practice
Every paper accepted for presentation will be assigned a discussant who provides in-depth feedback.
Information in brief