You can create your own Master’s programme of 120 European Credits (EC). The components of the programme can be followed in any given order.
The course part of this programme consists of 15 EC compulsory courses and 12 EC elective courses.
- Expert lectures
- Group assignments (3-4 students per group)
- Journal clubs
- Peer teaching and presenting
- Poster presentations
- Lab group meetings
- Weekly discussion meeting with supervisor(s)
- Daily supervision of practical work
- Regular evaluation and feedback moments
- Report writing
During lectures in the introductory course, the total group size may range from twenty up to fifty students. Group projects are typically performed by two up to five students.
- Presentations (peer teaching, journal club, posters, etc.)
- Report grading
- Exams (open and closed questions)
Are you looking for an extra challenge? Utrecht University offers several honours programmes for students looking for an extra challenge. Honours education is followed on top of your regular Master’s programme and goes beyond the regular curriculum. Honours programmes are available at both faculty and interdisciplinary level and allow you to go deeper into subjects or work on projects that transcend your own discipline.