Degree from a Dutch research university
This page outlines the step-by-step process for completing your application to a Master's programme at Utrecht University. Please read this information thoroughly before starting your application.
- Eligible are students with a Bachelor’s degree in Law or Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- Bachelor students of the School of Law of Utrecht University are strongly recommended to take the bachelor courses European Law and International and European Institutional Law previous to the start of this LLM programme.
- Students with a Liberal Arts Bachelor's degree need a good basic knowledge of law. This requirement is fulfilled by students who have completed at least 45 EC on law courses at an undergraduate or graduate level, preferably including basic courses on public international law and/or European Union law.
If you did not acquire (sufficient) knowledge of international law in your Bachelor’s, we strongly advise you to follow the PIL Summerschool at Utrecht University or study the following textbooks:
In the admission procedure it will be furthermore determined whether you possess, to a sufficient extent, the following core competences:
- motivation and talent;
- a sufficient level of the relevant knowledge and a command of the methods and techniques in that field of study;
- a general academic level of working and thinking;
- command of the language(s) used in the course.
English language requirements
You are exempt from the English language requirement because you obtained your previous degree from a Dutch Research University.
We do not offer a pre-master’s programme for students with a degree from a Dutch research university.
|Application deadline for scholarship candidates|
|Application deadline for Non-EU passport holders|
|Application deadline for EU passport holders|
All deadlines expire at 23:59 [Central European Time] on the specified date. You must complete the application process (including submitting your application documents in OSIRIS Online Application and paying the application fee) by this time.
The following documents must be uploaded before the application deadline (depending on your previous education):
Degree from Utrecht University
Transcript from OSIRIS
Degree from another Dutch Research University
Diploma or certified graduation statement (with graduation date and without any conditions)
Certified transcript (including courses, grades and GPA)
Please make sure the document has a stamp/signature and contact information of the institute.
Visit Studielink and complete the registration process. You can find all information on how to use Studielink here. After completing your Studielink application, you will receive login details for OSIRIS online application within 2 working days.Apply via Studielink
After submitting your application to Studielink, you will receive an email with login details for OSIRIS Online Application. Here you can upload all required documents and check the status of your application.
After you upload all documents in OSIRIS, the Graduate School will evaluate them. We strive to inform you of our decision within 20 working days.