Degree from a Dutch university of applied sciences (HBO)
This page outlines the step-by-step process for completing your application to a Master's programme at Utrecht University. Please read this information thoroughly before starting your application.
To be admitted to the Master's programme, you must first complete a Pre-Master’s programme relevant to the Master’s programme.
Whether or not you are eligible for the Pre-Master’s programme depends on the nature of your education and your grade point average. If you are an above-average Hogeschool student, with a study programme that is relevant to the Master’s programme, then register for the Master’s programme and write a letter of motivation.
For the Master in New Media and Digital Culture, you need to have:
- A clear interest in the field of new media, for example the internet, digital mobile technologies, social media, computer games, big data, or virtual reality, and its intersections with culture, art and aesthetics, ethics, politics and society.
- A strong motivation to combine academic and professional training in New Media and Digital Culture within your study programme, elaborated convincingly in your application letter.
To register for the Pre-Master’s programme, you can sign up for the Master’s programme. The Admissions Committee will then decide whether you will be admitted to a Pre-Master’s programme, and if so, which courses you must take. Only then may you register for the Pre-Master’s programme.
For a general idea of what your Pre-Master's programme may look like, check the Pre-Master's programme page.
|Application deadline for scholarship candidates|
|Application deadline for Non-EU passport holders|
|Application deadline for EU passport holders|
Your application is complete when you have (1) fully submitted your OSIRIS application, (2) uploaded all required documents and (3) paid the application fee (if applicable). After the deadline has passed, incomplete applications will be cancelled.
The following documents must be uploaded before the application deadline:
- Motivation statement
- Curriculum vitae / resume
- The contact details of two referees
- Courses yet to be completed
- Diploma or graduation statement
- A scan of your transcript (including courses, grades and GPA)
Please make sure the document has a stamp and signature of the institute.
- Writing sample essay (read instructions carefully)
After submitting your application to Studielink, you will receive an email with login details for OSIRIS Online Application. Here you can upload all required documents and check the status of your application.
After you upload all documents in OSIRIS, the Graduate School will evaluate them. We strive to inform you of our decision within 30 working days after the application deadline.
If you are admitted, your admission letter will describe the next steps towards enrollment. In most cases your admission is conditional, which means you will have to send additional documents or complete more steps.