Law Master’s Programmes
Why study a law Master's programme at Utrecht University?
Our LLM programmes:
- Have an outstanding reputation;
- Will provide you access to international corporations and law firms, the International Court of Justice, the International Criminal Court and many other international judicial organisations located in The Hague, Brussels, Geneva and Straatsburg;
- Allow you the flexibility to compose your own curriculum according to your interests and talents.
We invite you to explore our English taught offer of LLM studies
- European Criminal Justice in a Global Context (LLM)
- European Law (LLM) with four distinctive tracks: 1. General Track in European Law 2. Specialisation in European Cooperation in Criminal Matters 3. Specialisation in Law and Sustainability or 4. Specialisation in Law and Technology
- Global Criminology (MA)
- Law and Economics (LLM)
- Law and Sustainability in Europe (LLM)
- Law and Technology in Europe (LLM)
- Legal Research: Dynamics of Law in European and International Context (LLM 2-years programme)
- Public International Law (LLM) with three distinctive tracks: 1. Conflict and Security, 2. Oceans, the Environment and Sustainability, 3. Human Rights
Utrecht University in the rankings
As a student at Utrecht University (UU), you will be studying at one of the world's top universities. Based on the internationally recognised Shanghai Ranking, Utrecht is ranked the best research university in the Netherlands. Utrecht University has been the best ranking Dutch university since the first ARWU ranking published in 2003. More information about Utrecht University.
Utrecht University School of Law offers its students an inspirational and interdisciplinary environment for study and work, ranging from a beautiful and historic city campus to a completely renovated University library in the former palace of King Louis Napoleon and to rich cultural programmes. You will have access to a wide range of high-quality facilities such as Wi-Fi, cross-campus library access, and online access to academic books, journals, and databases. More information about student facilities.
Grants and scholarships
The Faculty of Law Economics and Governance offers scholarships to a number of highly talented prospective students to pursue a degree in one of the English taught Master’s programmes of the Graduate School of Law, Economics and Governance. This is the so called LEG International Talent Scholarship programme. Besides this programme Utrecht University, the Dutch Government and other organisations offer scholarships, fellowships and grants. Have a look at the list of scholarships opportunities.