Do you want to know how you can use of games for health, education, and saving the earth? How you can use multimodal, mobile, and AR/VR interaction to improve and create new experiences? Or how you can develop a new generation of real-time graphics and AI for interactive applications?
Apply developments to new innovations
The game landscape is constantly changing, and new developments come up at a rapid pace. The industry therefore needs professionals who can apply these developments to new innovations and know how to implement them within an organization. The Game and Media Technology Master’s programme will train you to become such a professional.
Only research Master's in the Netherlands
Game and Media Technology is the only game research Master’s in the Netherlands. The focus is not on playing games, but rather on the technological aspects of games and multimedia in the context of computer science. You will therefore work on creating the systems and techniques behind the game and media system.
In this research Master's you will explore:
- Modelling virtual worlds
- Creating character animation and behaviour
- Computer vision-based video analysis
- Building multi-sensory interfaces
- And much more!
You will test the systems and technologies in our labs such as the Motion Capture Lab or the Crowd Simulation Lab.
Why in Utrecht?
- Collaborate with other students, from both Utrecht University (UU) and HKU University of the Arts Utrecht, on a wide range of projects. You also work together with the business community.
- You’ll be able to find a job in many different sectors. Not necessarily in the entertainment sector, but also in social sectors such as health care and education.
- The Utrecht region is not only centrally located in the Netherlands; it is also widely recognised as an important gaming region due to the many game companies located in the province, for example the incubator Dutch Game Garden.
- Informatica (MSc)
- Language of instruction:
- Mode of study:
- Study duration:
- 2 years
- September, February
- Tuition fees:
- Dutch and other EU/EEA students (statutory fee, full-time) 2023-2024: € 2,314
Non-EU/EEA students (institutional fee) 2023-2024: € 21,736
More information about fees
- Croho code:
- Accredited by the NVAO
- Graduate school:
- Natural Sciences
- Request a brochure