With this Master’s programme, students develop the academic and professional skills to prepare for work in businesses who do more and better for society. You will know how to develop organisational strategies to make this happen.
After finishing your studies, you can start your career in one of these areas:
- Corporate social responsibility (CSR) expert, manager, controller or adviser;
- Social marketer;
- Sustainable finance expert;
- Social business developer;
In this video Professor Niels Bosma states that the aim of this programme is to learn graduates how to achieve societal transformation within the organisations that they’ll work for in the future.
The programme aims to facilitate the connection between you and the job market, in particular through:
- Guest lectures from experts in the field who provide insights on the relevance, development and implementation of CSR in various companies;
- Career events, organised by students in cooperation with the student association;
- Business challenges brought in by established companies in various tutorial elements of the programme;
- Workshops aimed at developing your professional skills;
- The option to focus your thesis on research questions proposed by established organisations.
You learn to help steer a business towards more increased social value creation
UU Career Services
UU Career Services offers training related to career orientation and job application skills; examples include writing an application letter and CV and conducting a job interview. You can find more information about career services on UU Career Services for Dutch students or UU Career Services for international students. Furthermore, the alumni network supports graduates with workshops and meet-ups after graduation to expand your network and skills.
UU Careers day
Once a year Utrecht University organises a Careers Day. The Careers Day offers the opportunity to sign up for workshops and trainings, have your résumé assessed and meet recruiters.