Do you want to know:
How you can predict the effectiveness of different medical treatments?
How you can use social media data to detect the emergence of extremist behaviour?
How you can predict environmental conditions using camera data?
How you can find out the wants and needs of the audience, so you can tailor content to them?
If you’re interested in questions like these, the Applied Data Science Master’s programme at Utrecht University might be it for you!
One-year fast-paced academic Master’s programme
In this one-year fast-paced academic Master’s programme, you’ll learn how to apply data science techniques in four different focus domains. This knowledge will be combined with your own domain-specific knowledge to create considerable added value.
Similarities in data challenges across different fields
The amount of data in the world has grown dramatically over the past few years and continues to do so. With this, there is a growing need to effectively and safely put this data to use. As opposed to fundamental research into data science, the field of Applied Data Science is unique in that it recognizes similarities in data challenges across different fields. In this master’s programme, we’ll examine the optimal ways to utilise those data. In the process, we’ll look at how to turn old data into new data and use it to solve problems within a variety of domains.
Become a data science professional with excellent analytic capabilities
- Multiple focus on the domains Health Science, Geo Science, Social and Behavioural Science and Media Studies
- Multidisciplinary Master’s degree: by working together with people from a different academic background, you learn to look beyond your own domain.
- Apply your knowledge by working on problems faced by our partners, either as part of project assignments or your thesis. Previous collaborations include: the National Police, NPO, ZDF and University Medical Center Utrecht.
- Applied Data Science (MSc)
- Language of instruction:
- Mode of study:
- Study duration:
- 1 year
- Tuition fees:
- Dutch and other EU/EEA students (statutory fee, full-time) 2023-2024: € 2,314
Non-EU/EEA students (institutional fee) 2023-2024: € 21,736
More information about fees
- Croho code:
- Accredited by the NVAO
- Graduate school:
- Natural Sciences