Week of the Game
Experience the field of game research and industry in its entire width! In the week from 27 to 31 January, the Utrecht Center for Game Research organizes various game-related activities, from retrogames to scientific lectures.
All activities are open to anyone, without fee or registration (unless otherwise indicated).
Monday 27 January
13.15-15.00: Game and Media Technology colloquium – Grote Zaal, Muntstraat 2a
- Evert Hoogendoorn (IJsfontein, Amsterdam): The theory behind the power of play.
- Jan-Willem Huisman (IJsfontein, Amsterdam): The power of play in action
Tuesday 28 January
14.00-16.00: Launching new initiatives - restaurant Minnaert Building
Launch of the UU game development studio 253Games
Introducing the Special Interest Groups:
- Games for Skills Training
- Healthy Play, Better Coping
- Playful Cities
- 'Thinking Though' Games and Play
- Multisensory Mixed Reality Games
- Games for Behavior Change
- Games for Sustainability
- Games Literacy in a Ludified Culture
- Games and VR for Inclusion
Wednesday 29 January
13.15-15.00 Classic Games, New Technologies – Hall Minaert Building, Leuvenlaan 4
12 teams of students present and demo their re-designed and developed classic games with new style and technologies
15.15-16.00 Closing ceremony with public award ceremony
Organized by SAGANET and HU:
9.30- 16.30: Gamedidactiek 'enter the playground...' – Marinus Ruppert Building, Leuvelaan 21 (requires regstiration and fee)
Thursday 30 January
12.00-13.00 Lunch meeting: Introduction to Gamification and Game Based Learning (for UU/UMCU employees only) More information
- 14:30: Welcome and introduction
- 14:45: Project: Out-of-control op het spoor: wat nu?
- 15:05: Project: Play local2Local
- 15:25: Break
- 15:45: Project: A geo-located city application
- 16:05: Project: 3D-Game Gym AI Test Agents
- 16:25: Project: Virtual teaching assistants
- 16:45: Closing
Friday 31 January
13.00-17.00: Retro Games and Social Event – Downstairs hall of Koningsberger building
AwesomeSpace will set up the hall of the Koningsberger building as a real retro-gamespace. Here you can play famous and unknown retro classics on old game computers! From 16.00, student association Sticky offers drinks at the retro-gamespace.
- Start date and time
- End date and time