Saturday September 15th will be a day chockful of events and fun things to do on campus; organized by the UCSA, Town and Gown, and UCU staff. The day coincides with two days of cultural happenings in Utrecht, and we would love to be a part of that!
Throughout the day, there will be a stage (with equipment) behind Locke where everyone who wishes to perform can do so. We will invite several catering companies to sell food and drinks on campus to accompany this. You can find the preliminary program below
This will be all the more festive if students decide to stay on campus for the weekend; in fact, family is welcome too!
From 14.00-17.00, exact times to be announced:
Locke, various classrooms
- Lecture by Bald de Vries. Regarding expectations and interests
- Lecture by Patrick Wijchers: DNA and society: implications of reading and changing genes
- Lecture by Jocelyn Ballantyne and Hugo Quené: The UCU accent project: what’s unique about UCU English?
Dining Hall, drama room
DanceCo organizes three dance workshops for those that wish to learn:
- Salsa: : 'Loosen those hips and salsa on!'
- Hip hop: 'Hip hop never dies, with Laura Pighini!'
- Dancehall: 'Work it. Own it! Dance Hall with Ashley Chizema.'
- Unwritten & Co performs improvisations around the theme: "Plans are overrated! Just like most UCU students, the Unwritten&Co improv group has no idea at all what they are gonna do in the future. But that's allright. Come witness the drama and comedy that arises when a theatre group tosses the script."
- The Wilhelmina opera choir sings The Mikado, a popular British comical opera by Gilbert and Sullivan, situated in medieval Japan, after a decrete of the emperor that forbids flirting
- “Outrageous still going strong!” Outrageous will be performing a self-made choreo that gives you that “outrageous experience”one more time.
- “Bring that attitude!” with Kim and Laura. Kim and Laura, the main choreographers of Attitude will be performing a choreo together.
- Test your UCU knowledge in a PubQuiz centered around your alma mater (alumni) or your school (present-day students)
- Beergarden: There will be four mobile taps selling drinks for outrageously low prices, lots of beertables with delicious tapas, speeches and music on the podium and the four caterers (see below) will have the best pizza’s, fries, burgers, tapas and Greek pita for sale, everything available for veggies as well.
On the podium
- The Utrechtse studenten big band performs. Time to move those feet!
On the podium
- Our own DJ will make sure you stay on the move!
Drinks, food, tokens and wristbands:
We will work as little with cash as possible and we therefore will have tokens on sale before and during the festival. They will cost €1,50 a piece and can be broken in two. A beer will be only half a token… The caterers will sell their goodies for tokens as well, prices to be announced! If you buy ten tokens in credit card-size, you will get a wrist-band, which upon return during the festival will grant you another two free tokens. We will of course also sell separate (breakable) tokens. Token sales will be announced soon!
- Start date and time
- End date and time
- University College Utrecht