Training for the Utrecht Network: ‘Optimizing support for refugees in higher education’
From 12 - 15 June, Incluusion of Utrecht University will welcome colleagues members of the Utrecht Network to share programmes and initiatives during the staff training in Utrecht to widen participation of refugees and threatened academics into higher education at their university.
Aim of the training
The aim is to improve the capacity of universities in assisting refugees and threatened academics on campus and to provide insights on the key components of a successful and sustainable refugee programme in order to widen participation and increase awareness on the integration of refugees into higher education. Purpose of the training is also to provide a forum for (future) exchanges and cooperation in this field.
This training course is aimed at academic and administrative staff of all levels from the Utrecht Network dealing with refugee issues. The training is offered free of charge. Participants will take care of their own costs for travel and accommodation.
A maximum of 30 participants will be selected for the training. In case we receive more applications than spots available, the following selection criteria will be applied:
- Applicants from the Utrecht Network will be prioritised for places (1-2 persons maximum per member institution).
- Participants with the most relevant background and interests for the programme (e.g. experience with welcoming refugees and threatened scholars, preparatory programmes et cetera).
Elements of the training will be:
- Sharing and exchange of international experiences, challenges and good practices;
- Discussions and workgroups on practical aspects such as: admission and qualifications, preparatory programmes and language acquisition, cooperation with other institutions, access to the job market, researchers at risk, quality mark for refugee programmes in higher education et cetera;
- Input from other European institutions and researchers who are doing interesting and inspirational work in the field;
- Presentation of the ‘Utrecht Refugee Launch Pad’ with field excursions (a system of cooperating institutions involving public administration organisations, NGO’s, higher education institutions and entrepreneurs’ initiatives committed to the welcoming and integration of refugees in the city of Utrecht);
- Conference on 15 June (open event) organised by Incluusion, refugee students, researchers and stakeholders.
- Start date and time
- End date and time
- Entrance fee
Use the registration form. Register deadline: 23 March (included). Applicants will receive confirmation of participation on 26th March.
- More information