Theorizing Literary Practice: Between the Postcolonial and the Decolonial is a one-day workshop organised by DECODE, a cooperation between Terra Critica and the Middelburg Decolonial Summer School.
The workshop wants to engage non-western literatures and the arts as a meeting point of decolonial and postcolonial critique. Within western academia, both strands of critical thought have taken interwoven but different theoretical routes as they emerge from different historico-political entanglements.
- Birgit M. Kaiser (Comparative Literature, UU; Terra Critica)
- Rolando Vazquez Melken (Sociology, University College Roosevelt; affiliated researcher Gender Studies, UU; Middelburg Decolonial Summer School)
- Anirban Das (Associate Professor in Cultural Studies, Centre for Studies in Social Sciences, Kolkata)
- Madina Tlostanova (Professor of Postcolonial Feminisms, Linköping University)
- Barnita Bagchi (Comparative Literature, Utrecht University)
- Sophie Hsin-lin Su (Institute for Cultural Inquiry, Utrecht University)
- Neil ten Kortenaar (English and Comparative Literature, University of Toronto)
- Subro Saha (Institute for Cultural Inquiry, Utrecht University/Amity University, Kolkata)
- Kathrin Thiele (Gender Studies, Utrecht University; Terra Critica)