Interested in learning about human rights? This one-week introduction at Utrecht University course focuses on the major features of international human rights law.
It begins by examining the philosophical and political bases of human rights and then explores human rights documents and mechanisms for the promotion and protection of human rights at the international and regional levels. Particular attention will be paid to issues of equality and discrimination, including on grounds of sex and race. Through lectures, interactive working groups, expert panels and excursion(s), participants will gain an understanding of the various elements - and their interplay - involved in this field.
- Period: 08 July 2019 - 12 July 2019 ( 1 week )
- Course location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
- Credits: 1.5 ECTS credits
- Course fee (excl. housing): € 550.00
- Level: Advanced Bachelor
- Course director: Dr. Julie Fraser