The vitality of the university hinges on the vitality of our students and staff. How do we foster enthusiasm in a competitive and globalising sector and in the face of tight budgets? What can we do to ensure our University continues to attract talent?
As we prepare for a new academic year, we want to home in on the issue of work pressure and give it the attention it deserves. We will be presenting various perspectives on what it takes to achieve a better balance and well-being.
- Welcome by Annetje Ottow, Vice President of the Executive Board.
- Professor Tanja van der Lippe will offer a broad analysis of the concepts of busyness and balance in a society where institutions are shifting.
- The Utrechts Studenten Koor en Orkest provides the musical interlude.
- Rector Henk Kummeling presents the Student Awards.
- President of the Executive Board Anton Pijpers will focus more specifically on work pressure and balance at Utrecht University and on the consequences for each of us.
- Afterwards, the University Hall opens its Aula for a reception.
Please note that the ceremony will be held in Dutch. Non-Dutch speakers will receive a translation of the speeches.
During the ceremony, a livestream will be broadcast on this page.