The Faculty of Law, Economics and Governance invites alumni, students and employees to take part in the Impact Night on 24 January 2018.
Resilient Societies: about green cities and involved citizens
Global challenges such as migration, climate change, rapidly arising new technologies and complex geopolitical shifts have great impact on our societies.
Programme Impact Night
17:30 – 19:15 - Life Long Learning (for Alumni)
This session will give insight in the Executive Education Programs of our faculty.
- Citizens involvement (Ank Michels, Zsuzsanna Tomor)
- Public procurement (Elisabetta Manunza)
- GreenTech financing and crowdfunding (Friedemann Polzin)
A light meal will be provided for during the break
17:15 – 19:15 - Dean's dinner (Invitation only)
The dean and the vice dean of the Faculty of Law, Economics and Governance are pleased to invite a group of high-level stakeholders for a dinner on the theme of Resilient Societies.
19:30 – 21:00 - Impact Night (PLEASE NOTE: the Impact Night will be held in Dutch)
An exciting programme in the historic Aula of the University Hall, with keynote speeches from:
- Marcel Beukeboom - Climate Envoy for the Kingdom of the Netherlands
- Lot van Hooijdonk - Alderman sustainability of Gemeente Utrecht
And an open debate between top scientists from Utrecht University and important experts from society:
- Marleen van Rijswick - Professor of European and Dutch Water Law
- Albert Meijer - Professor of Public Innovation
- Mark Sanders - Associate Professor of Macroeconomics (subjects: sustainable economic growth, entrepreneurship)
- Annemieke Nijhof - ceo of Tauw, an international firm of consulting engineers, and former Top Woman of the Year
- Ruud Koornstra - first National Commissioner for Energy in the Netherlands
- Robin Berg - owner of LomboXnet, a new energy initative which is now active in the Lombok neighbourhood, in Utrecht
- Francesca Ali, Taste before you Waste, winner Impact Price 2016.
Feel free to join in this open debate!
Meet our network
Join us for an informal drink after the Impact Night, and meet (old) study mates, friends and/or colleagues.
We look forward to welcoming you on the 24th of January!