On Tuesday 29 October, 15.00 - 17.00, a meeting of the SIG Centre for Expertise in Admissions will take place. This meeting will focus on 'student well-being' within selection. After the plenary discussion we will discuss different aspects of this theme in subgroups, in the presence of students. In addition, there will be time to exchange questions and expertise on this theme. After the meeting there is the opportunity to have informal drinks together.
Sign up for this meeting here!
- 15.00-15.10 Welcome and update on Select-UU
- 15.10-15.40 Plenary discussion with Nicole Mastenbroek about research of student well-being at Veterinary Sciences
- 15.40-15.50 Dean of the Leidsche Rijn College on the effects of selection on students
- 15.50-16.45 Split up into subgroups, practical implementation of selection and instruments in practice
- 16.45-17.00 Plenary feedback
- 17.00 Closing comments and drinks
About the SIG
Utrecht University has a range of selective bachelor programmes, as well as a fully selective master's programme. Furthermore, UU selects for honours programmes and activities. This means that in an increasing amount of department, employees are involved in developing and utilising selection procedures. The SIG Expertise in Admissions organises activities that are aimed at the exchange and building of expertise and knowledge. This way, the SIG contributes to strengthening selection procedures within the university. The SIG is powered by the USO project Select-UU, which starts in 2018. In addition, the activities of the Learning Community for Graduate Admission will continue with this Special Interest Group. Contact Sebastiaan Steenman, Ada Kool or Quirine van der Steen for more information about the SIG, Select-UU or the learning community graduate admission.