International Women's Day
Celebrate the International Women's Day! The EDI Office organises a panel discussion on stereotyping in science and two workshops. The programme will conclude with the announcement of the winners of awards from the ROSANNA Fund.
- 14:15 Welcoming words by Diversity Dean Janneke Plantenga
- 14:20 - 15:15 Panel discussion: Stereotyping @UU, chaired by Alexandra Timmer, Associate Professor Human Rights. Panelists: Rana Kuseyri, Laura Gomez, Zuleika Sheik and Malavika Sivan
- 15:15 - 15:30 Break; coffee and tea
- 15:30 - 16:15 Two workshops: Dilemma Game and Pronouns
- 16:15 - 17:30 ROSANNA Fund: awards en lecture by Professor Anneke Smelik(Radboud University) on sustainable fashion, followed by discussion with former winners of the award
- 17:30 - 18:15 Drinks at the bar
Workshop Dilemma Game
How do we make our university a place where everyone can thrive? Join this workshop to find out. We will play together the Dilemma Game, and you will get an opportunity to discuss several real-life dilemmas, put yourself in the shoes of others, reflect on different actions and take a stand. This activity will be in English. The maximum number of participants is 20.
A practical workshop about effective use of pronouns in the classroom: How to create an inclusive learning environment for everyone. Pronouns, an essential part of the identity of LGBTIQ+ persons, contribute significantly to a comfortable and safe learning and working environment. In this workshop we will discuss the importance of using inclusive language and explore techniques for incorporating a more accurate and aware use of pronouns into classroom activities and discussions.
- Start date and time
- End date and time
- Parnassos Cultuurcentrum