In 2018, the International Cooperative Alliance (ICA) European Research Conference will be held in The Netherlands. At this conference, scholars, representatives of cooperatives and policy makers will exchange the state of the art on building and strengthening cooperatives in different sectors and different countries.
The key questions to be discussed at the ICA2018 Research Conference relate to innovation in enterprise and community. For the sustainability and resilience of the cooperative model, innovation is paramount. Which internal and external factors provide the fertile ground for such innovation? What are the key success factors for continuous (or renewed) member commitment and stakeholder legitimacy?
Main theme of the conference
Main theme of the conference is: Cooperatives in a rapidly changing world: Innovation in Enterprise and Community.
Under this overarching theme, the conference will address a wide range of topics, including:
- Innovations in internal governance
- The rise of producer organisations
- Resilience and sustainability of the cooperative model
- Strengthening member commitment
- Financial and sustainability performance
- Cooperative education
- Statistics on cooperatives
- Cooperatives and changing labour relations
- Cooperatives and big data
The conference will deal with all kinds of cooperatives, from different sectors and different countries and in different stages of the life cycle. This will lead to challenging and surprising new ideas and relations. Special attention will be paid to 200 years Raiffeisen.
The keynote speakers at the conference are:
- Prof Dr. Arthur Mol| Rector Magnificus | Wageningen University | The Netherlands
- Dr. Simel Esim| Head of Cooperatives Unit | International Labour Organization (ILO) | Switzerland
- Prof. Dr. Murray Fulton| Professor and Chair | University of Saskatchewan | Canada
- Ir. Wiebe Draijer| CEO | Rabobank | The Netherlands