Exploring the social impact of circular economy in the textile and apparel value chain
OECD Forum on Due Diligence in the Garment and Footwear Sector Side EVENT
This session explores the outcomes of the Copernicus Institute's most recent social impact study on the apparel value chain. The study explores the social impact of the different circular strategies implemented in India, Spain, and the Netherlands. The panel will discuss critical challenges and possible ways forward to a more inclusive and circular apparel sector.
The event is organized by the Copernicus Institute of Sustainable Development at Utrecht University, Smart Green Industry, and Conserve India.
- Lis Suarez-Visbal, Ashoka Fellow, Doctoral Researcher and author of the study, Utrecht University
- Thami Schweichler, CEO at United Repair Centre & Makers Unite
- Anne-Laure Lambert, EMEA Repair&Return Project Manager Patagonia
- Prajakta Verma IAS, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Textiles, Government of India, Udyog Bhavan, New Delhi
- Patrick Schröder, Senior Research Fellow at Chatham House; PhD researcher at The Center for Sustainable Design
- Maysoun Douas Maadi, Madrid City councilor & Director of StartUp Commission
Jesus Rosales Carreon, Assistant professor at Copernicus Institute of Sustainable Development, Utrecht University
- Start date and time
- End date and time