On 15 June 2018, Utrecht University, under the auspices of Renforce and in the framework of the HERCULE III Programme organizes the conference OLAF and the EPPO in the new institutional setting for the protection of the financial interests of the EU.
The conference will bring together academics, practitioners and policy makers to discuss several aspects of the protection of the EU budget in light of the establishment of the European Public Prosecutor’s Office. The main focus will be on OLAF and the EPPO, and on their enforcement partners (both national authorities and IBOAs). The conference shall provide the audience with a better understanding of the administrative and criminal responses to EU fraud both at present and in the near future. We welcome academics, policy-makers, law enforcement officials and everyone interested in discussing the issue.
Conference speakers (in alphabetical order):
- Ms. Cvetelina Cholakova (Head of Unit Agricultural and Structural Funds I, OLAF)
- Dr. András Csúri (Utrecht University)
- Mr. Nicholas Franssen (Ministry of Justice and Security in The Netherlands)
- Dr. Hans-Holger Herrnfeld (Federal Ministry of Justice and Consumer Protection, Germany)
- Dr. Lothar Kuhl (Head of Unit Coordination, Relation with the Court of Auditors and OLAF, DG REGIO)
- Prof. Juliette Lelieur (University of Strasbourg)
- Prof. Katalin Ligeti (University of Luxembourg)
- Prof. Michiel Luchtman (Utrecht University)
- Dr. Angelo Marletta (University of Luxembourg)
- Mr. Klaus Meyer-Cabri (Vice-President of Eurojust)
- Ms. Irene Sacristán-Sánchez (Head of Unit Policy Development and Hercule, OLAF)
- Dr. Andrea Venegoni (Supreme Court of Cassation, Italy) and
- Prof. John Vervaele (Utrecht University)
Have a look at the tentative programme.