Due to the Corona measures this event is canceled!
Many researchers of the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences (FSW) have heard about the strategic theme Institutions for Open Societies (IOS) and vice versa, but don't encounter each other very often. We hope to change this by organizing a special Toogdag (research day).
On Monday March 30th from 15:00 to 17:00, four research duos from FSW and IOS will discuss specific themes that are central to the IOS hubs and stream. This event will take place in the Boothzaal of the University Library on Utrecht Science Park. We will close the afternoon with drinks.
- Opening by Bas van Bavel (IOS) and Marcel van Aken (dean FSW)
Voorzitter: Denise de Ridder (Psychology)
- Sanne Akkerman (Education & Pedagogy) and Koen Frenken (Innovation Sciences) on Innovation & Prosperity
- Kees van den Bos (Psychology) and Mark Bovens (Public Governance & Management) on the Legitimacy of Institutions
- Henk Aarts (Psychology) and Janneke Gerards (Law) on Governent Influence on Behaviour
- Belle Derks (Psychology) and Linda Senden (Law) on Gender & Diversity
This afternoon is an excellent opportunity for researchers of FSW to get to know Institutions for Open Societies and meet its main researchers. At the same time, it creates a way for IOS researchers from other faculties to learn more about the different aspects of social and behavioural science. We encourage young scholars to participate and get to know the IOS community as well!
Towards the summer a 2nd Toogdag will be organized, where four other duo's will share their expertise.